DVD shrink stops working (HELP)

English Support Forum for DVDShrink

Postby Bruddy » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:05 am

Hello, i hope some one can help not sure what i'm doing.
I'm running windows vista, and i have DVD Shrink 3.2. i'm able to open the program, but every time i go to "Back it up" a window opens saying "Dvd Shrink 3.2 has stoped working"
WHAT i'm i doing wrong?
:( [/quote]
Bruddy

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby car67 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:38 pm

Maybe the download you have is corrupt somehow. The author says elsewhere on this forum that it does work on Vista, so I'd say first make sure you have a good copy.

Download DVDShrink from authors webspace at...
http://www.esnips.com/doc/94d1e209-484d ... 69621bd9c3
car67

Postby Redhaze » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:19 am

Just so you know.

I'm not the author ;)
Redhaze
Site Admin

Postby car67 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:14 am

Ok. Who is the author?
car67

Postby Redhaze » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:34 am

He is a mysterious fella.

Some say his name is Fred, others George

I personally, Don't know.
Redhaze
Site Admin

Postby car67 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:48 pm

Whatever you say Mr P.
car67

Re: DVD shrink stops working (HELP)

Postby ukmaxg » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:07 am

I've got the same issue on my Vista laptop - sometimes I can work for a while, usually happens when I'm cutting up a long image into smaller sections and backing each up. On occasion I can repeat the process 4 or 5 times fine, then it happens and the programme shuts down. Then if I restart, it happens almost straight away. Rebooting doesn't make a difference, but trying again a different day may allow me to work.

This never happens in XP - I use it on another laptop with Xp no problem.

I tend to think it's not fully compatible with Vista, but I wish someone would rather tell me I'm wrong and point me to a solution.

Can anyone please help?
ukmaxg

Postby nanpenyo » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:47 am

If you installed IE8 Beta, DVD Shrink may not work
nanpenyo

Postby erikgeiss » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:46 pm

Hello,

I've been using DVD Shrink for a long time, also in Windows Vista Home Premium SP2. But a couple of days ago, after already having succesfully copied 3 of my DVD's using DVDFab HD Decrypter 4 and DVD Shrink 3.2, DVD Shrink stopped working. Restarting and even re-installing the program doesn't help. From that moment on, every time I try to copy a DVD, DVD Shrink freezes, and I get a Windows Pop-Up that DVD Shrink doesn't work anymore. I haven't made any changes to my computer.

The solution Windows Vista gives is to download the latest version of DVD Shrink, which leads me to http://officialdvdshrink.com/, where I can buy 'DVD Shrink 2008' for almost 30 euros.. :roll:

Is there anyone who knows what the problem could be?

WKR,
Erik

P.S. Setting the compatibility to Windows XP SP2 and/or running the program as an administrator doesn't help
P.P.S. I do NOT have IE8 beta installed.
erikgeiss

Postby Chetwood » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:15 am

erikgeiss wrote:From that moment on, every time I try to copy a DVD, DVD Shrink freezes, and I get a Windows Pop-Up that DVD Shrink doesn't work anymore.

What exactly does the popup say? And stay away from officialdvdshrink, it's a scam as explained in the announcements.
Chetwood
Site Moderator

Postby qwerky01 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:59 pm

Hello,
I need help too, please help someone, I am also using Windows Vista, with DVD Shrink 3.2. And for me after i press "Open Disc" it loads for 5 seconds, then an error pops up saying "DVD Shrink 3.2 has stopped working." and under says "Windows is searching for a solution to this problem..." then there is a button that says "Cancel". If you wait a few seconds the words change to "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is avaliable" with a "Close program" button at the bottom. But it doesn't matter if you press cancel or close program, it will still close DVD Shrink 3.2, someone please figure out a solution to this problem!!!!! :(
qwerky01

Postby Chetwood » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:05 am

I'm still very much inclined to believe this bug is up to Vista.
Chetwood
Site Moderator

Postby erikgeiss » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:52 am

Chetwood wrote:I'm still very much inclined to believe this bug is up to Vista.

I slightly disagree:
- I've been using DVD Shrink with Vista for a very long time without any problems. Why would it work perfectly, and then suddenly stop working? If the problem is with Vista, DVD Shrink shouldn't have worked since the beginning of Vista, or for example after installing SP2. Not just out of the blue on a day nothing changed to my configuration (and I even copied 3 DVD's successfully).
- Today I tried to copy a DVD on my girlfriends PC with Windows XP SP2. DVD Shrink also stopped working on her PC. Don't know why.. :|

Could it be possible that there is some kind of new decryption method or whatever that DVD Shrink 3.2 can't handle anymore?

WKR,
Erik
erikgeiss

Postby Chetwood » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:11 pm

You mean like mentioned in the FAQ?
Chetwood
Site Moderator

Postby mdw43 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:14 am

I run DVD Shrink on a notebook with Vista Business and it always stops working as you try to access the blank DVD ( as per other posts). However I suspect it has something to do with the way it handles the encryption (and Vista?), because if you decrypt it first by using DVD Decrypter, then shrink, then burn, all is ok!
mdw43

Return to English